Talk

Advanced search

Breaking things and being general a pain

(9 Posts)
MJHASLEFTTHEBUILDING Sun 28-Aug-11 18:28:06

Message withdrawn

FlubbaBubba Sun 28-Aug-11 20:46:09

It is sooooooo tough - don't really have a useful answer other than it is a phase, and will pass. You're doing all the right things. Just make sure that you give a firm 'no' to anything naughty, and no further attention on negative behaviour, and lots of lovely praise for the good behaviour.

How old is DD? Is it a reaction against her?

Does he seem bothered about losing his toys when you chuck them? Have you tried taking toys off him as a punishment? (Putting them into a clear box out of reach so that he can see them, and he has to 'earn' them back?), together with a smiley/sticker chart for good behaviour?

MJHASLEFTTHEBUILDING Sun 28-Aug-11 21:01:10

Message withdrawn

MJHASLEFTTHEBUILDING Sun 28-Aug-11 21:02:21

Message withdrawn

FlubbaBubba Sun 28-Aug-11 21:31:59

I feel for you. It does sound incredibly normal though sad / grin

I did smiley charts as opposed to sticker charts, because of my DDs' love of sticking stickers anywhere other than on the sticker chart! Just drew a smiley face or a star or whatever.

Covering himself in toothpaste is a new one for me though! Mine have done similar with mascara, nail varnish (on her lips!) and board markers. Not that I'm advocating leaving him covered in toothpaste, but giving him a shower gave him attention.

Just read that you cancelled a day of leave so you could work sad You must be at the end of your tether sad

MJHASLEFTTHEBUILDING Sun 28-Aug-11 21:43:20

Message withdrawn

FlubbaBubba Sun 28-Aug-11 22:46:12

I know it's hard, really I do - my comment was not meant to sound flippant, and I realise that it's no bloody use knowing that the phase will pass when you're mid-phase, because you want it to pass NOW. You do have my sympathies though. Little buggers don't half try our patience, do they? smile

MJHASLEFTTHEBUILDING Sun 28-Aug-11 22:48:58

Message withdrawn

FlubbaBubba Sun 28-Aug-11 23:03:40

Poor you. DD1 is now, thankfully, out of that phase, but DD2 is veering towards it at an alarming rate.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now