Talk

Advanced search

Gone off bathtime

(6 Posts)
Newbabynewmum Sat 27-Aug-11 17:25:47

My 11mo used to love baths. Properly love them - could spend hours in there if I let her! Now she just cries when I put her in there, nothing I do seems to cheer her up. Is this normal to go off them & do quite such a u-turn?

trixie123 Sat 27-Aug-11 18:50:42

As with everything, they go through phases. Maybe try introducing a few new toys (wind up ducks and frogs are good). Also think about water temp. She may like it a bit warmer than when she was tiny.

Grizzy Sun 28-Aug-11 21:48:35

Have exact same problem with 2 yr old. Have to keep finding new toys and new exciting things to tempt her in. Hoping she'll grow back into loving them again sometime soon!

Helga270 Mon 29-Aug-11 20:37:36

MY 20 month old has exact same problem went from loving her bath to crying every time i put her in.I find it very stressfull as she gets very upset. I have been asking some friends and the general consensus is that its probably a phase and i should not let it stress me and try and tempt her in with new things to do in the bath and distract.

Newbabynewmum Mon 29-Aug-11 21:51:32

My DD loves combs, eating tbh if you must know, so I got her a nice cheap new baby comb & we took that in the bath. It seemed to help things a bit. Thanks for the advice, new toys perhaps is something that might work.

Grizzy Wed 31-Aug-11 20:48:18

Yes, it doesn't need to be anything expensive or exotic. Tricks I've tried:

1. Poured in a whole bag of those 'pool balls'. She loved this for about 3 baths.
2. Turned on the shower attachment in the bath for her to play with. This also lasted for about 3 baths.
3. A flower pot.
4. Various empty plastic drink bottles... etc etc etc.

I also find it helps to only bath her when there is no time constraints. IE we are not in any hurry and don't have to be anywhere at a certain time. I have also found that she hates being physically 'messed about' with when she is tired so it also helps to bath her at least and hour and a half before bedtime as she is then not too tired and ratty.

Hope the above is of some help!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now