Talk

Advanced search

9 month old boy, teething, not sleeping = tired mummy :-(

(8 Posts)
dizzyde Fri 26-Aug-11 16:58:03

Any sleep advice? My little boy was doing really well about 2 months ago and sleeping through nearly every night, only woke up once now and again for a couple of mins. In the last couple weeks he has taken a huge step back with sleeping at night and Im exhausted! He is teething again and this has given him a bit of an upset tummy last couple days so i know I need to take that into account.

He can be so happy one minute then moany and crying the next and Im finding that he is becoming harder to settle. Its like he doesnt know what he wants. Overtired maybe?

I did do controlled crying with my dd who is now 6yrs and it took 3 nights and it worked a treat! She was 8 months old then so I may have to do this with my ds. But for some reason im not feeling so confident with it this time, maybe because he is more clingy and bit of a mummy's boy? which is making me anxious about it. I do the same routine everynight with bath, reading, bottle etc..

Just wondered if anyone had a magic wand and could help me out? Thanks x

DialMforMummy Fri 26-Aug-11 18:54:01

I give mine Calpol before bed when he seems to be in pain for his teeth.

Momo36 Fri 26-Aug-11 20:08:51

I would not do CC if you suspect your ds might be teething. That would just be terrible for him. I use teething granules before dd's bottle and they usually help.

dizzyde Fri 26-Aug-11 20:20:25

No I wouldnt do cc when teething, that would make me a mean mummy sad I was thinking when teething is over and sleep is still bad. Thanks for advice, i'l try calpol tonight. Calpol hasnt always worked in the past though. fingers crossed x

DialMforMummy Fri 26-Aug-11 20:24:52

Teething gel?

dizzyde Sat 27-Aug-11 07:33:35

teething gel, sachets and calpol all done! I think its more his upset tummy that is bothering him. He just cant settle no matter what I do. Last night he woke every hour almost. I tried cuddles, rocking to sleep with dummy, milk, getting him in bed with me. Nothing worked that well. Bless him. Suppose I just need to get through the bad tummy / teething and see how his sleeping is then.

Octaviapink Sat 27-Aug-11 12:26:47

Nothing you can do - it's one of those stretches where you just have to ride it out! We're at a similar stage - 9mo DS waking every hour overnight. I go into the spare room at about 4am and DH gets up with him after that, as he hasn't had to do the overnight stretch. That way I can get a couple of hours kip.

dizzyde Mon 29-Aug-11 09:51:15

Thank you, My other half helps me when he can but he works long hours and I dont work so I try to let him sleep, I catch up with sleep in the day if I can. Glad Im not the only one. The every hour thing is hard work isnt it! Just hoping this phase wont last long. Good luck and hope your ds starts sleeping through soon too x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now