Talk

Advanced search

3 y.o won't play by herself, driving me mad!

(5 Posts)
iskra Fri 26-Aug-11 09:05:22

DD age 3.2 won't play by herself at all & it's driving me mad! I'm expecting DC2 in 3 weeks or so so I really need her to be able to entertain herself for a while. She always wants me on the floor playing role play games.

She has had lots of change recently, moving house & staying with my parents for 6 weeks, but we are now settled in our new house & I need to be able to do my own thing for 20 mins!

I've been thinking about using a timer or something, is that mean?

ripstheirthroatoutliveupstairs Fri 26-Aug-11 09:56:33

Not mean, but not effective in my DDs case. She is an only child and needed constant company. It is very difficult and made doubly so for you with the arrival of the new one imminent.
Can you explain to her about how she needs ot be a big sister? I can see how unsettling all those events were. Six weeks away from you is a long time and she probably feels insecure about whether you'll go away again.

ExitPursuedByATroll Fri 26-Aug-11 09:57:53

Have you not introduced her to the television? Cruel I know, but it worked for me.

iskra Fri 26-Aug-11 16:07:20

Sorry, op was unclear, she wasn't away from me for 6 weeks, I was staying there too, but I think it was a bit rough for her nonetheless.

I tried the timer this morning, & I got 10 minutes to do a meal plan & shopping list. Think I will continue trying it.

Exit, yes, the tv works but I want other options & would rather her tv time was limited.

ExitPursuedByATroll Fri 26-Aug-11 17:18:23

My DD always wanted me to join her in whatver she was playing at. It can get wearing - but I only had her. Good luck when the new baby arrives.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now