Talk

Advanced search

Ds's feet turn in. How worried should I be?

(4 Posts)
prolificwillybreeder Thu 25-Aug-11 21:02:55

He is 14 months, been walking about 5 months.
Health visitor mentioned it and said to take him to the doctor and he'll be referred to orthopaedic department at the hospital.

I called the HV because I was worried as his feet do turn in quite a bit but not at the knee.

I've got myself in a bit of a state now. I am post natal- 5 weeks, hormones all over the place which i am
Blaming for more than normal worry.

Can anyone advise? Been in the same situation?

Would be much appreciated.

Thanks very much :-)

TeamEdward Fri 26-Aug-11 00:28:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TeamEdward Fri 26-Aug-11 00:35:12

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MrsShrekTheThird Fri 26-Aug-11 00:36:40

dd has turned in feet - in her case caused by something not massively serious called "internal tibial tortion" meaning that her lower legs are a bit banana shaped, and her feet turn in. She has hypermobile joints, in-toeing and flat feet. As a combo it's a bit of a bugger, she wanted to walk at nine or ten months but fell over all the time, and not just in a toddler way, she really couldn't support herself. Physio assessment just confirmed the diagnosis and referred her to orthotics, and she's worn Piedro boots ever since - she can run now and she's well on the way to being much better. We are hoping that the boots will sort everything by the time she is 8. At 5yo now, she has made some progress, but the boots are her key to being balanced and walking straight. Fantastic things - and awesomely funky. To the point where other parents and kids come up to me asking where did she get the boots, we want some grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now