Talk

Advanced search

Rant rant rant rant

(6 Posts)
mumfromspace Wed 24-Aug-11 21:53:47

My 3 yr old DS has driven me up the bloody wall today! He has tried every annoying noise or saying things over and over to wind me up! WHY do they do this? He makes incredibly loud clucking noises and gets louder if I ignore him, then at bedtime it's, "my cover's not on properly," after I've 'corrected' it. Is he trying to send me to an early grave??

JessKM Thu 25-Aug-11 00:05:20

LOLLLLLL its nice to know someone else has those days! I think once they know theyve got to you, its a good game to keep winding you up!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you only have the one DC? I have three and I swear some days they conspire against me.

Have a big wine and a bubble bath dearie! tomorrow is a brand new day!!!!!

xxx

mumfromspace Thu 25-Aug-11 07:31:30

Thank you!! Yes, just the one atm. He is generally a great little boy but when he gets these moods on it drives me nuts! grin xx

ppeatfruit Thu 25-Aug-11 09:44:32

As an ex C.M. to 7 and nanny and mum of 3 and GM to 2 i would say he's just experimenting! With everything, with the sounds of repetition and funny sounds and with your reaction!! he's only a baby really; imagine yourself in his place! join in, play with him they're small for such a short time, dare i say respect him as well.

mumfromspace Thu 25-Aug-11 10:07:39

Hi pp, thank you for your reply. I am empathetic to his experimentation and we both give him a lot of freedom to express himself and also have an enormous amount of respect for him as a person. I'm afraid when he is doing it late at night and early in the mornings it is hard to demonstrate said empathy!

smile

ppeatfruit Thu 25-Aug-11 14:03:03

He may still be young enough to try role play e.g. use his toys; getting them to go to bed or 'calm down etc. sometimes that works!! mum Also really getting him to run about in the day, maybe on those little scooters .Apologies if you already do this!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now