Talk

Advanced search

Night time nappies

(10 Posts)
Gembob85 Wed 24-Aug-11 14:49:45

This is my first post with mumsnet so hope this is in the right place?

My little boy is 27 months, we've always used Pampers Baby Dry or Active Fit at night time due to the 12 hour protection, but they just aren't suitable for him. For the past couple of months, myself or my partner has had to go in and check him before we go to bed (usually around 11pm when my LO has gone to bed about 7:30) to see if his nappy needs changing as it usually full. If its still okay then by 3am its soaking wet through and going through to his pj's and its waking him up.

He does have a lot of milk before bed, and drinks alot during the day but my son isn't a big eater. He has been sleeping through 12 hours since 3 months old so now hes getting up during the night is a bit of a killer, and desperate to try and crack it again before our next baby arrives in October.

Anyone have any better nappies they can recommend?

Thanks,
Gem x

StrandedBear Wed 24-Aug-11 14:53:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

CharlotteBronteSaurus Wed 24-Aug-11 14:57:04

we swapped dd1 (4.6) from pampers at night to huggies after pampers changed the nappy. Huggies have been great.

Gembob85 Wed 24-Aug-11 14:59:44

We never got on with Huggies from Day 1, so have never gone back on to them, but have heard good things about Tesco so will give them a try smile

FrogGreen Wed 24-Aug-11 22:00:40

I've had some success with an old-fashioned waterproof wrap, like you'd have over a terry nappy, over the top of your normal disposable nappy. The most leak-proof ones I've found are these called GEN-Y http://www.fill-your-pants.com/nappy-wraps/gen-y-universal-cover.html and these called Bummi http://www.fill-your-pants.com/nappy-wraps/bummis-nappy-wrap.html. They're machine washable and not a lot of extra work. And also really useful for in the car seat to prevent the poo-explosion.

Iggly Wed 24-Aug-11 22:02:33

Have you tried going up a size?

puzzlesb Wed 24-Aug-11 22:11:09

I would recommend going up a size (or two). My DD needed the size up at night even though she wasn't even anywhere near the lower weight limit for them but it worked.

freybean Fri 26-Aug-11 12:06:15

pamper are crap

can recommend asda own brand

Rowgtfc72 Fri 26-Aug-11 21:58:51

Dd is a big four year old. We use size six tesco nappies . We found Huggies and Pampers both leak.

glub Sat 27-Aug-11 16:47:58

i second the advice to try bigger sizes, and different brands. personally i never thought pampers were much good.
you could try using cloth nappies even if just at night. you can stuff them full of extra absorbent liners if they're not absorbent enough as they are.
also try giving less milk (as long as they're getting at least the minimum amount), as because it's quite filling they'll naturally want to eat less food.

good luck smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now