Talk

Advanced search

4yo DD always complaining of 'wet' bottom & fiddling with pants

(5 Posts)
dairymoo Wed 24-Aug-11 09:39:41

My (otherwise pretty straightforward) 4yo DD has recently started becoming obsessed with the fact that her front bottom is wet, mainly after going to the loo. She will wipe it again and again and again, and would happily use up most of a toilet roll if she could get away with it. If I try and wipe her (and ensure she is completely dry) she crumbles into a massive tantrum and demands new clean pants. I let her change her pants as much as she likes during the day but she's started getting up at night tantrumming about her wet bottom now too. DH isn't quite as sympathetic and it pretty much always results in a shouting match and battle of wills at 3am, and tbh I often get v cross then too as she wakes up the rest of the house.

I'm not sure if it's an attention thing (she's a twin), or her nerves about starting school manifesting themselves into this strange behaviour, or a genuine problem. She also spends all day picking her pants out of her bottom - seems she is v sensitive down there.

Has anyone else had DD with this problem, and if so, did it resolve itself? I am beginning to dread hearing the words "I need a wee" as I know the tears that will follow. sad

BeerTricksPotter Wed 24-Aug-11 13:24:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

KurriKurri Wed 24-Aug-11 13:32:59

I'd get her checked for a urine infection too, - it can make you feel as if you haven't finished your wee, and maybe that's what she's trying to express.

Have you got any pants that are slightly too big for her, - just thinking something a bit looser might be more comfy for her.

oldmum42 Wed 24-Aug-11 16:18:18

Possible? Thrush or allergy irritation (some scented/treated loo papers and soaps can be very irritant to some people), constant wiping will make the situation worse. Could even be threadworms? A wee visit to the GP might be in order. In the meantime, plain unscented soap, no bubble bath and only cotton pants (no synthetic fibres) might settle things down.

dairymoo Thu 25-Aug-11 09:24:19

Thanks all, will make an appt to see the GP.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now