Talk

Advanced search

Help! 7w/o inconsolable. Cranial osteopath?

(7 Posts)
dangalf Tue 23-Aug-11 22:25:36

Hi - was wondering if anyone has had good experience with cranial osteopathy? Our 7 w/p old has period of being inconsolable from about 3/4 pm every day. it's driving us to distraction and is horrible to see. Pretty certain it is colic. Also, if anyone in SW London has good refernece for a cranial osteopath they have used that would be great. Have looked on net but obv a more personal recommendation would be comforting as they don't seem to come cheap. Thanks.

MeriNisipPoissons Tue 23-Aug-11 23:20:51

Don't know of one in that area but know of 4 babies that have been transformed byt a session or 2/3.

backwardpossom Tue 23-Aug-11 23:32:16

DS was awful as a baby, completely inconsolable in the afternoons/evenings and would eventually fall asleep through sheer exhaustion - we tried all sorts of things before giving a cranial osteopath a shot as a last resort when he was about 15 weeks. After 2 sessions he was like a different baby and I would recommend it to anyone. I can't recommend one to you as I'm on the other side of the country, but do give it a go - I'm sure it wouldn't do any harm anyway. smile

iwillbrushmyteethbefore10am Thu 25-Aug-11 20:25:20

Two people have recommended this to me for my DS, he is going on Tuesday morning, it's going to cost a lot but I completely trust the people who have recommended it to me.

purcellfan Thu 25-Aug-11 20:34:20

We used one for ds as a newborn and again recently as a toddler as he was very overwrought all the time with excellent results. I've been told there's something called the osteopathic centre for children in town,where you can pay what you can afford. Not used it myself though, just recommended by a friend.

ginortea Thu 25-Aug-11 20:34:31

We tried it. Didnt make a huge amount of difference in the long term, I'm afraid. But it was therapeutic for both of us for the hr or so the treatments lasted, and it felt good to be taking positive action about DS's discomfort, even if just in a placebo-ish way.

madwomanintheattic Thu 25-Aug-11 20:38:42

like ginortea - tried it and appreciated it in a placebo-ish fashion i suspect. no particular difference tbh.

it's also very normal for babies to have a particular period of the day that they are desperately unhappy for. grin but it feels better to be trying to find a solution. good luck and hope it works out. i do know some folk who swear by it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now