Talk

Advanced search

Help, my 4 year old daughter won't stop weeing and pooing herself

(5 Posts)
orangebimbo Mon 22-Aug-11 20:39:43

My daughter has been potty trained for 2 1/2 years but in the last 6 months or so seems to have gone totally backwards.
She will just wee and poo in her nix without even trying to go to the loo. I have tried everything - ignoring it and just changing her, rewarding and making a huge fuss when she does use the loo, I've got star charts on the go, taken toys away when she does it - but nothing seems to be working. I;ve tried talking to her about using the toilet and she's even done it while standing in the bathroom with me next to the loo. Even bought her nix with her favourite characters on in the hope she won't wanna get em dirty.
It feels like shes using it as a way of getting attention whether it's positive or negative.
Help, has anyone experienced this also or got any suggestions?

MadameOvary Mon 22-Aug-11 20:41:24

Need more info here, what else is going on that might make her do this? Is there a new sibling? Other huge event?

slartybartfast Mon 22-Aug-11 20:41:41

is she just about to start school?
is she nervous about this?

or perhaps a uti?

DorisIsAPinkDragon Mon 22-Aug-11 21:03:20

what does she say about the poo/ wee.

Is it sore is she constipated or very very loose?

Does she still feel the need to go to the toilet

Or is she just getting distracted with other things?

Have you treid to get her to go to the toilet regularly (before meals / snacks etc to help her and prevent the problem.

(None of the abaove is critism btw I've been (still am sometimes) in your shoes fwiw)

MrsGravy Mon 22-Aug-11 22:25:16

I think the first thing you need to do is take her to the GP to rule out anything physical. I know a poster on a different forum who had a DD with a similar problem and it turned out to be a physical thing (nothing serious, not trying to panic you!).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now