Advanced search

Biting, hitting, screaming, tantruming, and spitting

(5 Posts)
StrandedBear Mon 22-Aug-11 12:39:08

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

StrandedBear Mon 22-Aug-11 15:55:19

Issy42 Mon 22-Aug-11 22:25:08

My DD has started with tantrums too, mainly frustration over feeding herself that means she swipes her arm over the highchair tray and sends her food flying across the room. She also gets frustrated at not being able to walk - sometimes she walks well if you hold her arms/with her walker and other times she just can't coordinate herself. She's 21 months but was prem hence not walking yet, so very early for them.

She's pinched other kids at nursery and pinches my arm every nappy change. She bit me really hard once too but I cried - wasn't hard to fake as it really hurt - and she hasn't bit me since, though she does look as though she's going to sometimes and has tried to bite at nursery. She got bitten the other day and got hit in the eye with a wooden spoon the same day. I was hoping that might teach her these things hurt but no change. Time out doesn't work - she just does it again straight away - though it does give me a moment to calm down. I don't know what to do to get her to stop.

Sorry no answers, but you're not alone.

Handango Wed 24-Aug-11 01:30:05

hm, same boat, I'm a primary school teacher and believe in discipline but I don't know when to start. My 15month old scratches and bites (gently) and finds it hysterical, and gets SO upset by my disapproval. To her it's play and affection but it needs to stop. I don't know the answer

StrandedBear Wed 24-Aug-11 11:10:11

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now