loader

Talk

Advanced search

Baby not staying asleep

(5 Posts)
busybee1983 Mon 22-Aug-11 12:34:26

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

bankholiday Mon 22-Aug-11 13:00:50

I'm not the best person to give advice as DS (6 months) is not sleeping through, but what does a little nap mean? Could he be overtired? Could you try and put him down for 2 naps during the day? What time does he wake up in the morning, he might need a shortish nap before the afternoon one?

Not very helpful, sorry, but sympathies.

RitaMorgan Mon 22-Aug-11 13:04:47

I thought the same, maybe he needs more daytime sleep? 8.30pm is a fairly late bedtime too - how much sleep does he get overall?

My 12 month old still needs two naps a day, and 11-12 hours overnight.

sunndydays Mon 22-Aug-11 15:55:58

I agree, I think at that age dd was having three hours in the day and 11/12 at night. She has always gone to bed at 7, but I have always found from about 4 she starts going down hill so is always more than ready for bed by seven. It could just be a bad habit and if you keep going in quietly and settling him then he will eventually stay asleep?

SenoritaViva Mon 22-Aug-11 15:58:50

What do you give him for supper? You might want to avoid protein. In essence he needs to learn to self settle if there isn't a problem or a 'need' for mum.

When you say he wakes up what do you mean? Is he just awake or is he bellowing? What are you doing/what does he think he requires in order to go back to sleep?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now