Talk

Advanced search

Wake to Sleep - HELP

(8 Posts)
MamandeRose Fri 19-Aug-11 08:13:08

DD 6 month old has been waking at 0400 or 0500 for the last month. Tried Wake to Sleep for 3 nights, third night was a little better, but then last night she woke every hour from 0100 til 0500 (including 0300 and 0330). At that point I cancelled the 0400 WTS alarm call! She is never hungry, and waits for her bottle till 0600. If I keep going with WTS, will it work? What time do I do it if her waking is so erratic? Any success stories welcome smile

stinkypants Fri 19-Aug-11 13:25:31

does she settle herself back to sleep each time? or what happens? is she teething? does she nap well?

MamandeRose Fri 19-Aug-11 21:16:01

Thanks for replying! Just back from work.... In the night she usually settles with the dummy, but not always, and from at least 5 is awake. She is teething, but isn't waking in pain or hunger, and when she wakes at 5 is usually happy. Napping has recently gone a bit haywire, so she's often tired in the day too, and takes longer to settle in the evening. If you do still see this post, any advice welcome!

Iggly Fri 19-Aug-11 21:21:11

She might be overtired with the napping issue - making her night sleep worse. Plus around that age there's a bit of a developmental leap. DS even now at 22 months, his sleeps goes haywire if he doesn't nap properly for even a couple of days.

Best thing is early bedtime so she can catch up on sleep- 30-45 mins earlier at least and see if naps can be worked on.

MamandeRose Fri 19-Aug-11 21:23:09

Thanks Iggly, that's really helpful. Having been worrying about bedtime being too early, so will definitely try that. Though she starts at nursery in a couple of weeks so won't be able to go too early (but all the more reason to sort it now!) smile

MamandeRose Sat 20-Aug-11 09:11:49

Hello again. So last night she woke from 0400 till 0500 (just before my WTS alarm went off)... DH was up and was sure it was her teeth. She then slept till 0700 smile.
Is it pointless trying WTS whilst she's teething? We just have to sit it out? All advice v welcome.

Iggly Sat 20-Aug-11 10:34:46

I wouldn't bother if teething TBH. In the end we just went for early bedtimes, tried more naps and DH and I took turns with early starts. We found it came and went in phases.

MamandeRose Sat 20-Aug-11 14:24:04

Thanks, Iggly, I thought so, but it's nice to have reassurance.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now