Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else heard of this.....

(4 Posts)
onemoreglass Thu 18-Aug-11 16:40:39

Hello

Recently, my 16 month old DS has started doing this really strange thing. He doesn't do it all the time, but when he does do it, he is sitting up either on the floor or in his high chair.

He seems to either be pushing down onto his stomach or his genitals, and when he does it he starts to cry, or sometimes cries a couple of seconds before doing it.

It's difficult to know where he's pushing as it's quite low down, onto his nappy so I don't know if it's directed at the base of his belly, or his genitals.

I was wondering if anyone else has had their DS do this, and if so, did they ever get to the bottom of what it was?

Thanks very much!

onemoreglass Thu 18-Aug-11 16:41:37

Forgot to say that I am worried that he might have a urine infection or something...

Besom Thu 18-Aug-11 16:58:44

I don't have a ds but I think that given that you've noticed this, you should take him to the gp asap.

I remember my younger brother having a henia as a very small child, and maybe he needs to be checked for this.

onemoreglass Mon 22-Aug-11 21:59:14

Thanks for that.

Sods law - now I've posted it, he hasn't done it since!u

Bit of a silly question...but are hernia's genetic? My husband had to have surgery for a hernia between 2 - 3 years of age.

Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now