Talk

Advanced search

4 month old baby who cries at everyone...please help!

(3 Posts)
sarahloula Thu 18-Aug-11 13:55:00

My DD is 4 months old and over the past 2 weeks has became very sensitive around anyone who isn't me or DH. Even if people just look at her and try and talk to her she starts crying. She has also started whining whenever I leave the room...starting to think I'll never be able to leave her. Please help!

mummyosaurus Thu 18-Aug-11 14:00:34

My DD was a very clingy baby. At one stage she cried when I passed her her dad, very difficult.

I would say just go with it, it will pass, make the most of being so special to her. She'll soon be running away from you.

I got a hip seat, which you can use from six months, so I had one hand free whilst still carrying dd about.

Good luck!

boognish Fri 19-Aug-11 00:07:19

Sarahloula, my ds really started getting just like this at about 3-4 months old. He's now coming up to 6 months and still isn't too happy about people who aren't me and needs me to be in sight almost always, so I'm now wondering if he's neurologically inclined to be more needy (because he's such a sensitive chap - always hated noises, startles easily, "acts up", cries from excess of emotion when having a new enjoyable experience, watches people intently...). Google the terms "high needs baby" and "highly sensitive child" and you'll see there is some literature out there which, if nothing else, reminds you to concentrate on the positive side of having a baby who can drive you nuts but loves you to bits, and advises not to force experiences on him/her that go against his/her nature in an attempt to get them to grow out of it.

At 6 months they're supposed to go through a really clingy phase. Mummyosaurus, did it get any worse at that point? (Now realise I'm hitching..)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now