Talk

Advanced search

Anger rages

(4 Posts)
mopser Thu 18-Aug-11 13:30:48

My DD is 7 and over the last couple of months has started having huge rages, shouting at me saying how much she hates me, that I am mean etc. When she calms down she says she can't control herself and it is her brain doing it. It is like a switch she wonderful 1 minute helpful, kind etc then amazingly horrible the next without any provocation. She has also started going to sleep late usually about 9.30pm even though she is put to bed at 8 then wakes up about 7.30 she says she can't switch of her brain. Also she has been diagnosed with dyslexia, but this is something she has obviously had for ages , the only new thing about that is she has been diagnosed. Also things clothes socks, etc don't feel right itchy etc (i don't know if this is me pampering to her) she has 2 younger sisters that are happy little girls who seem not to have any of these issues.
I don't know what to do, whether to take her to a doctor although I don't want her to take medication unless it is really needed. Please help!!

CaptainNancy Thu 18-Aug-11 15:08:17

It sounds as though maybe she's overtired?
Is she getting enough physical exercise during the day so she can drop off easily at night? WHat is keeping her up until 9:30?

mopser Thu 18-Aug-11 16:23:37

She runs around all day, she is overtired but it is getting her to switch off her brain she has a quiet relaxed bedtime, bath, stories, then quietly looks at books or does something gentle.

CaptainNancy Thu 18-Aug-11 18:05:58

Is it possible to teach her some relaxation techniques at all?
Sorry, I have v similar with my DD, and it's difficult when they don't know how to switch off, or even how to relax.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now