Talk

Advanced search

would ds's slightly shorter arms hinder crawling?

(7 Posts)
doityourway Tue 16-Aug-11 19:29:51

My 8.5 month DS is smallish, but chunky, and his arms are quite short (nothing wrong with him, just not long limbed!)

He's shown no interest in crawling. Rolls and sits. Would his arm length hinder his crawling development? I am thinking of the position the arms have to get into. Or maybe that's he's chunky?

I read lots of threads on here about late crawlers, and there's always a hundred people who went from sitting to walking etc, or were late crawlers, but I still can't stop worrying about it.

(He started babbling dadadaagaga like crazy last week, so perhaps also he can only deal with one development at once)

scurryfunge Tue 16-Aug-11 19:32:08

Nothing whatsover to do with it. You are overthinking! Don't worry.

doityourway Tue 16-Aug-11 19:45:09

I overthink everything, this is true

Just want him to show an interest in moving!

survivingsummer Tue 16-Aug-11 20:52:55

8.5 months is still pretty early to crawl! Sitting steadily is a far more important developmental milestone at this stage - honestly! He will work out a way to get around when he wants to smile

MooseyMoo Tue 16-Aug-11 21:03:28

I was worried my DD's legs were too long for her to crawl as she could not get them out from under her to crawl. Until she hit 13months, she managed to move them and suddenly she was off at top speed with big grin on her face. Still not walking at 15 months but is extremely vocal instead.

doityourway Tue 16-Aug-11 21:48:16

MooseyMoo - I don't think we have to worry about DS's legs being too long LOL! He's utterly divine, but a shortie...

And yes, he's extremely vocal and I suspect going to be a real chatterbox so maybe that's where all his efforts are going at the moment.

I find it so hard not to worry even though I know I'll wake up one morning and it will have just changed

madammoose Tue 16-Aug-11 22:17:26

Our DS is of the chunky & short of limb persuasion too. He crawled at around 10 months and walked 3 days before he was 17 months. He is now 19 months and has progressed to a speedy waddle...it's a joy to watch.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now