Talk

Advanced search

baby fart aerobics....techniques needed PLEASE!!!!!

(9 Posts)
cockle84 Mon 15-Aug-11 14:40:49

My baby cannot pass wind anymore. She used to do great big ones as she woke up but not anymore. I try baby massage but doesn't seem to help. Please tell me your techniques!!!

phlossie Mon 15-Aug-11 17:19:46

Leg cycling's a good one. Hold her legs with her lying on her back, then cycle her legs and push them up so her thighs are against her tummy alternately. How old is she? Does she seem to be in any pain or discomfort? Is she burping? Are her poos ok? I wouldn't worry too much, but if she's constipated or in pain see your doctor.

freybean Mon 15-Aug-11 18:21:51

how old is she?

my dd has problems passing wind, i play with her on the floor trying to get her to move about, she is 22 weeks

camomile tea has also been a godsend

cockle84 Mon 15-Aug-11 21:12:39

She is nearly 5 months now. I try cycling but it doesn't seem to help. She is uncomfortable always grunting and tensing her stomach - she does burp but with assistance and still burping hours after her feed.

Choufleur Mon 15-Aug-11 21:13:44

rub her tummy in clockwise circles. Quite firmly, going in smaller circles from outside to middle then start again.

milkyjo Tue 16-Aug-11 11:49:58

I find gentle swinging with DS face down (not head down!) in outstretched arms, one hand through his legs spread out on his tummy to apply a bit of pressure, the other on his chest holding onto his arm furthest away from me. Depending on how old your baby is and head control, you could try this. When he was tiny his head would be resting on one arm and his body slightly turned in towards me and gentle bouncing usually worked.

Iggly Tue 16-Aug-11 14:00:09

Tummy time five mins after a tea spoon of peppermint tea.

Also sit her on your lap facing out, lean backwards and gently lift her knees to her tummy and gently bounce them.

milkyjo Tue 16-Aug-11 18:51:44

*meant to say his body was turned away from me when he was tiny, so he was on his side with his head on my arm.

Sparklyboots Tue 16-Aug-11 22:59:04

On her back, make the soles of her feet touch so she's doing a sort of frog legged position, then touch her feet to her nose. My DS had trouble with wind and another mother showed me this - she said do it 3x15 times, 3 times a day. It works brilliantly for us, I just tend to do it during a nappy change and do a quick clockwise tummy rub between sets, rubbing excess nappy cream into his lovely but windy tummy. Sometimes he sort of resits but persistance in such circumstances usually produces a fart to coincide with the nose touch. Slightly hilarious.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now