Talk

Advanced search

How late did your children's teeth come through?

(7 Posts)
worldatlas Sun 14-Aug-11 12:47:03

Just curious. 8 month old DS seems to be constantly drooling, and has been for months (plus usual everything going to mouth) but no teeth on show yet. All the other babies we know have cut at least one

overthehillmum Sun 14-Aug-11 12:54:32

my lovely daughter was 14 months old before she got her first tooth!!! I was completely stressed out about it at the time! smile

elphabadefiesgravity Sun 14-Aug-11 13:17:44

Dd was 11 months. Ds was 13 months and to be honest it was difficult as he now struggles with textures especially meat as he couldn't chew it so didn't get used to it as a toddler.

elphabadefiesgravity Sun 14-Aug-11 13:18:12

Incidentally ds is now 7 and a half and has only lost one of his baby teeth so far.

said Sun 14-Aug-11 13:22:42

13 months for my eldest. Later to lose them as well and lots of orthodontic treatment but don't know if that's related at all - have never thought about it until typed this out.

worldatlas Sun 14-Aug-11 13:33:06

Interesting.

Amazingly DS doesn't seem to have any problems with chewing food - we're doing BLW and he eats all sorts - so that's good

differentnameforthis Sun 14-Aug-11 14:00:45

First teeth tend to show up around 8mths, but as with all developmental milestone, all children are different.

This gives good guidelines to when teeth start to appear.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now