Talk

Advanced search

Expressing right away??

(3 Posts)
squidgeygibson Sat 13-Aug-11 16:49:54

hello again!!

So many questions already! Does anyone know if I should be expressing Right from the first week if I want to ensure I can keep it up later on??

On day 4&5 I was able to express loads with little bother both by hand and a manual pump.on day four my breasts were huge and hard and I wanted to do it for relief..today's the first day my breasts feel a lot less full and while I could express this morning I have been able to get nothing this afternoon...not as easy as my first days made it seem!!

And if I do express after or between my baby feeding will that leave enough for her next feed???

Thank you!!

cocoachannel Sat 13-Aug-11 16:55:55

Hi there.

My supply was a bit like this for the first weeks of bfing until things settled down.

Do you need to express an extra feed for freezing? If is, I think you need to just be consistent with the extra session. Don't worry about milk running out- it doesn't. Be wary of storage issues though- try kellymom.com for great info.

For much more informed advice try posting in brest & bottle feeding.

Good luck!

squidgeygibson Sat 13-Aug-11 17:01:23

Thanks..I don't need it for any specific reason but just want to be able to do it eventually so I can maybe have a bottle feed at night or just get away if I need to..

When you say an extra session do you mean a time in between feeds?? Baby is feeding every 3-4 hours so anytime in between then and does it need to be the breast the baby didn't feed from last feed?

Feeling totally clueless and some books say I should be doin it already!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now