Talk

Advanced search

How clumsy is your 8 year old?

(7 Posts)
mrsnesbit Fri 12-Aug-11 19:26:29

Ds, if he can drop it, knock it over, break it, sit in or on it, he will.

I had a conversation with him yesterday with him having a whole slice of buttered bread stuck to his elbow grin wthout him realising it, even though he had a matter of seconds before buttered it and placed it there.

drinks go flying, when he eats, he has debris surrounding his perch.
He has NO special needs, he is just like this, but what about your kids, are they the same?? Its very normal right?

mrsnesbit Fri 12-Aug-11 19:27:20

sorry, bread was put on a plate...he then put his entire arm across the plate!!!

acsec Fri 12-Aug-11 19:31:03

DP's DS is 7 and he is also pretty clumsy - he doesn't look where he's about to sit and so sits on remote/laptop/DP's iphone, he drops things, knocks things over. Luckily most things bounce!

Jesusgirl Sat 13-Aug-11 04:11:11

Yay! So my ds (almost 8) is not alone..grin

TheFrogs Sat 13-Aug-11 04:33:06

Dd is terrible. In the last year she's had three black eyes (one, walked into a door handle at my mums, two, fell out of cabin bed, three, kneed herself in the eye playfighting). It's the norm for her to come back from school with at least one bumped head letter a week. I am so glad there have been witnesses to most of these incidents! (Fresh today, a blood blister on two fingers playing air hockey with ds).

She's no worse than me though, i'm dangerous to be around!

kittensliveupstairs Sat 13-Aug-11 06:39:16

My 10.3 DD is very clumsy. A lot of it is due to carelessness and rushing around. If she just took her time, I wouldn't have been bathed in orange juice yesterday morning.
Very sticky stuff OJ and on a thick denim skirt, hard to wash and dry without a machine.

BlooCowWonders Sat 13-Aug-11 06:48:18

Yup. Liken him to a puppy that hasn't grown into his limbs properly yet. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now