Talk

Advanced search

18 month seperation anxiety

(2 Posts)
Murl Fri 12-Aug-11 09:10:14

Hi, my DD has in the last week started to cling on to me or DH and cry her eyes out when we take her to nursery. Until now she has bounced on in and couldn't wait to get in there! Now she is certainly not that keen. The workers there have said 18 months is a common age for seperation anxiety to rear its head. Any one else experience this? It is also affecting night times as she is waking more and wants me by her side until she is fast asleep again.

I am sure this is nothing to worry about but just wondered if this was a common 'stage', how long it can go on for and if there is anything I can do to make sure I manage this properly. More than happy to give her all the comfort / cuddles she needs btw... just want to ease her upsetness!

thanks x

TryLikingClarity Fri 12-Aug-11 09:35:14

Hi,

my 18 month old DS is the same. Excuse my bad typing, as he is sitting on my knee eating weetabix as he's refusing to sit in highchair.

I am a SAHM, so no experience of nursery, but DS has in the past month or so got really clingy too! Usually he loves going to visit my parents, but in the past few weeks everytime we go there he won't go onto their knees and turns away if they try to touch him.

No real advice, but just to let you know you aren't alone. I will watch this thread with interest in case someone with more experience and advice comes along.

I say just keep cuddling and soothing her with your words. That's what I'm doing with DS smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now