Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

3 year old playing with fanjo. Normal??!

(10 Posts)
ourgirlinhavana Thu 11-Aug-11 21:02:16

DD turned 3 a couple of months ago and has recently discovered the pleasure of "touching (her) bottom". She isn't doing it a lot and seems to be just doing it in her bed for a little while. She just says it feels nice.

Is this normal?? Of course I've smiled at her when she's told me about it and said that yes it might feel nice. Is she developing a bit too soon? I don't have any recollection of anything like this at this age! confused

ourgirlinhavana Thu 11-Aug-11 21:03:49

P.S. Not a troll, just a name change. Pombears, Boden, Pedlars, Cherry Menlove, Terry Wogan's wotsit etc, etc! grin

simpson Thu 11-Aug-11 21:04:47

My DD is a fiddler hmm am hoping she will grow out of it.

She is also 3 smile

princessglitter Thu 11-Aug-11 21:05:21

I think quite normal - my dd has done this, we don't make a big deal of it and she knows not to do it in company!

ourgirlinhavana Thu 11-Aug-11 21:08:18

Thanks both. I know there's no 'wrong' about it, but I'm surprised that she's discovering this at such a young age. You've put my mind at rest.

I think it all started when my friend (a midwife) visited with some books in her bag showing a baby being born. DD put her little doll 'down there', foot wedged in an apparently pleasant place!

Jazzydd Thu 11-Aug-11 23:27:02

My little girl does exactly the same! blush she says it tickles. Hope she'll grow out of it lol

Octaviapink Fri 12-Aug-11 09:05:29

DD (2.3) has her hands almost permanently in her foof if her nappy's off. To the extent that I've delayed trying to potty train her while we've got builders in... Perfectly normal though. All I say to her (in the same tone as I say 'no food in the living room) is that you don't do it in the living room. Or the dining room or the kitchen!

HookADuck Fri 12-Aug-11 09:15:34

I just tell dd (3.9) it's a private thing, no one wants to see her do it so she should only really do it in her bedroom.

I also told her that she will get sore if she does it too much or is too rough. I had to issue this warning after she told me she was sore down there after touching it a lot in the bath one day.

BeauFauxQuo Fri 12-Aug-11 09:16:18

I have 2 dd's both did this constantly when nappy was off from about 18 months, I have told them it's fine to do it but must be in private (now 3 and 5yrs). Found dd2 trying to "insert" a mini Upsy Daisy figure up there the other day while in the bath!

kittensliveupstairs Fri 12-Aug-11 11:28:53

I remember one poster calling it playing the fanjo banjo, that stuck with me for ages.
DD occasionally fiddles with her fanny, not too often anymore though.
She has never inserted anything herself, but her friend put a handful of pebbles in it. I ended up taking her to the hospital because I was scared I hadn't got them all out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now