Talk

Advanced search

Ideas for toys for 15 mo please

(5 Posts)
bluesmile10 Tue 09-Aug-11 20:18:55

My 15 mo ds is a very lively, boisterous little chap - I would just like any ideas for toys that he might like. He likes being on the go all the time and we are trying to get him to sit and play for little amounts of time so any ideas would be appreciated.

naturalbaby Tue 09-Aug-11 20:50:21

i've got both extremes - we have an indoor slide and trampoline for my boys to burn energy and loads of books and puzzles which they can sit for ages doing on their own. we have a play oven so when ds2 went through a phase of putting small objects into bigger objects he would sit in front of the play oven for ages with a few mini pots and a small basket of wooden/fabric food going in and out of the oven. they also love music cd's and playdoh.

if they've had a day where we've been indoors doing quiet stuff for most of the day they have a mad run round at the end of the day where they literally run round the room to burn energy!

hazeybabes Tue 09-Aug-11 21:07:13

some kind of percussion instrument eg. a drum or a music centre

emsyj Tue 09-Aug-11 21:16:07

I've just bought DD a big bucket of vehicles from amazon - had fab reviews so ordered it and seems to be going down well.

www.amazon.co.uk/Viking-Toys-Piece-Bucket-Set/dp/B000H5V6VK/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1312920775&sr=8-5

Her other favourite things are a set of stacking cups that were £6 from Marks & Spencer

www.marksandspencer.com/Marks-and-Spencer-Stacking-Cups/dp/B002Z3MSYG

and Tomy Hide & Squeak Eggs

www.amazon.co.uk/Tomy-Hide-n-Squeak-Eggs/dp/B00068Q7LC

...and finally - a peg puzzle from the Early Learning Centre (also sold in Boots) - she never ever gets bored with it. It's this one -

www.boots.com/en/ELC-My-First-Lift-Out-Puzzle_10346/

amyboo Wed 10-Aug-11 09:06:08

We bought DS (16 months) a box of basic Duplo bricks about a month ago. He loves them and will sit still for up to 30 minutes stacking bricks on top of each other and making massive towers. It took him a couple of weeks to grasp how to put them together, but now there's no stopping him! I really don't understand why Duplo is supposed to be for age 2 and up!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now