Talk

Advanced search

Unknown

(10 Posts)
dycey Tue 09-Aug-11 16:32:04

I have a newborn and kind PILs have offered some cash for a night nanny for a few nights. I am breastfeeding and want to feed on demand but could do with a night of more sleep and less nappy changing / settling after feeds. Anaemic from the labour and have a sick toddler - but only want help if it can be v sympathetic.... I mean someone who just brings me baby to feed and helps her sleep.... No crying, no routine, no interference or guidance!

I might sound a bit annoying but am pretty tired!

Can anyone recommend a breastfeeding suitable night nanny agency?

Am in London and thanks for any tips!

Octaviapink Tue 09-Aug-11 19:23:00

Oh you do sound tired. How about someone to look after your toddler for a few days instead? Much more demanding than your newborn, surely. Also, hope you only change after feeds for a poo!

dycey Wed 10-Aug-11 12:54:13

O thank you - feeling a bit better after a few more hours.... Sleep.

Baby just wants so much winding before she will sleep on her back. Then the next feed comes around!

PrincessOfWails Wed 10-Aug-11 13:27:38

We used NightNannies here and the nanny we had was great (although DS was older, and he started to refuse a bottle - not linked - so we stopped after a few sessions!), she was supportive of bfing, and brought DS in to me for feeds, and then whisked him away for settling (he was also windy and a bad settler)!
They do seem to pride themselves on being keen on bfing.
Can you express and give your DD a bottle (for the nanny, obv - this is what I did before DS refused the bottles!) or is it too early? Ignore that if I'm being annoying!
We're in London as well.

mumeeee Wed 10-Aug-11 14:20:43

I would go for someone to take tour toddler out. Wouldn't have liked a night Nanny at all. But that's just me.

dycey Wed 10-Aug-11 14:52:13

Thanks for the recommendation princessofwails... Think it's too early to express as she's only 6 days old!

Mumeee, I never liked the idea of a night nanny before but I think it's so early she won't notice - much later and I would feel worried about that. Plus my toddler was a pretty demanding baby in the night and still needs my attention so I kind of feels it's a last chance saloon for any kind of sleep........pregnancy stopped me sleeping.

Maybe she'll miraculously be a good sleeper???

Thanks all for your thoughts. Realise I ought have titled this thread! Thank you for reading it anyway!

PrincessOfWails Wed 10-Aug-11 15:10:27

Ooh, yes, much too early - 3 weeks to go though! wink
DS was 4 mo when we got the nanny, and he was fine - she was also v. sensitive to my needs and his.

My DS2 is 4 weeks old now and a better sleeper than DS1. smile Hope this is true for you too!

dycey Wed 10-Aug-11 15:22:00

O that encouraging princessofwails (good name)... Encouraging about the sleep and also about the agency being sensitive.... I am off put by so much of these agencies' literature being about sleeping through the night and sleep training... I was v bad at the training last time - we got there more naturally....

SuiGeneris Thu 11-Aug-11 14:07:22

I know of an OFSTED registered nanny who might be able to help for a night or two a week. She is very gentle, quiet etc. PM me if you want to know more.

yawningbear Fri 12-Aug-11 20:22:32

Hi Dycey, no recommendations but just wanted to say Congratulations! I hope you find someone good to help out and that you can get some rest/sleep, sounds like you need it smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now