Talk

Advanced search

parent preference

(4 Posts)
dolster Fri 05-Aug-11 13:19:02

My DD is nearly 16 mo - she's always been a mummy's girl but she goes through these phases of being SUCH a mummy's girl that she won't even let her dad hold her while I'm around, let alone feed her or even really play with her. My partner is a brilliant dad, he's around loads and spends lots of time with our DD, just the two of them. He adores her and they have a great time togther but when I'm around she doesn't want to know him and I think it's really beginning to upset him and make him feel redundant. Last night she screamed when he tried to give her a kiss hello and wouldn't let him hold her at all. Has anyone else had this? I just feel sorry for my partner as I think he finds it pretty devastating.

AlmaMartyr Fri 05-Aug-11 16:05:53

My DD was the other way around, huge daddy's girl. It was quite hard but she's 3 now and haven't noticed it for a long time. DS is 14 months and quite a mummy's boy but sure he'll get over it.

It's pretty normal I think so try not to worry about it too much, it can be upsetting though.

ohanotherone Fri 05-Aug-11 16:09:49

This is normal behaviour, do not worry, when she is older she will prefer him to you!

blewit Fri 05-Aug-11 20:44:08

Yes I was going to say that too - mine was like this at 16 months but at age 5 is now very much a daddy's girl. I really wouldn't worry - they are completely fickle. I think when she was 16 months it was because my dh was at work and I was doing the majority of care. As they get older they don't need so much care, and it's more taking the time to play with them - which my dh has always been much beter at than me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now