Talk

Advanced search

'Dreamer of dreams, born out of my due time' thread ladies....

(5 Posts)
SandInBuckets Fri 05-Aug-11 10:41:40

I used to post on that thread a long time ago. I wondered how all you not-so-little-ones were getting on now?

My DD is 10. Still much the same! Achieving very well at school despite living in her own world much of the time. She has a small set of good friends, and will chat to anyone, but still seems a bit 'out of step' with most of her peers.
I am still wondering about ADD or APD, but know that school would not support any investigation as her results are good, even if her organisational skills and ability to be 'present' in the classroom aren't.

Anyone else about smile?

SandInBuckets Fri 05-Aug-11 20:31:20

Friday night bump for any other parents-of-dreamers smile

pranma Fri 05-Aug-11 21:18:04

I am a grandparent of a 10 yr old dgd who lives on a different planet where all 10yr old girls read Shakespeare,hate the shower,dont like computers etc.She had a crush on the music of Andrea Bocelli when she was 3 and on the Backyardigans at 8.She 'scumbles' flapping her hands and screwing up her eyes when she is excited.She knows the Latin naames for plants but doesnt like pop music.She has a small circle of good friends but we are very anxious abou the move to secondary school.

SandInBuckets Sun 07-Aug-11 21:36:08

That's sounds familiar, pranma! I think there are a lot of 'dreamers' around, and like you secondary school seems a scary step for someone not quite the 'same' as her peers...

SandInBuckets Mon 22-Aug-11 20:58:01

An evening bump in case any of the old 'dreamers' crown is about smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now