Talk

Advanced search

Screaming and screeching 8mo

(5 Posts)
knittynoodle Thu 04-Aug-11 20:04:40

DS has started screaming and screeching. Im sure its because hes excited/trying to grab my attention/wants something and doesnt have the language capacity yet, and I cant be angry or blame him. But he just did it in my eardrum and it bloody hurts, and all day long my childless friend has been rolling her eyes!

When does this pass??? Hes laughing as he does it!

Tconvert Thu 04-Aug-11 20:39:21

Ha! Yes, my 8 month old DS was the same about 5-6 months. It was ear splitting - our neighbours stopped talking to us! grin I worried he wouldn't stop but he did...he still makes noise but it's not so deafening. It's just him trying out his vocal range...it's all play to him. It's quite lovely, in a strange way. And have to be honest, I wouldn't be impressed with any friend who 'rolls her eyes.' He's a baby!

Octaviapink Thu 04-Aug-11 21:18:47

Yes, my 8mo is doing exactly the same. Banshee-like sometimes!

emmyloo2 Fri 05-Aug-11 07:39:33

My 8.5 month old is also doing exactly this. It is piercing sometimes! and then he laughs!

matana Fri 05-Aug-11 10:03:43

Same here. I think it's a good sign as he's beginning to understand he doesn't have to cry to get your attention and that a shriek is another way of communicating - it's him getting more socially aware and sophisticated.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now