Talk

Advanced search

How to prevent baby taking off her nappy... HELP!

(17 Posts)
sockmonkey Tue 02-Aug-11 16:28:17

My friend has a little girl (about 21months) who keeps pulling off her nappy. She can undress from babygrows/vests so that won't stop her.
Does anyone have any suggestions how to get her to keep a nappy on?
I've not had this problem with any of my DC so am at a loss to give advise.
Thanks in advance!

essexmumma Tue 02-Aug-11 16:29:50

I have had this recently too with my 16 month old. I put knickers on top but if she gets under them then try pull ups? grin

colditz Tue 02-Aug-11 16:30:33

Duct tape

sockmonkey Tue 02-Aug-11 16:36:20

I said duct tape grin
Pull ups might also be an idea.... Till she figures them out. She's a clever little monkey wink

Madlizzy Tue 02-Aug-11 16:38:17

Gaffer tape over the nappy tapes. Stopped my lot from getting the nappy off.

QueenOfFeckingEverything Tue 02-Aug-11 16:39:23

Pullups, or washable nappies that do up with poppers?

AMumInScotland Tue 02-Aug-11 16:39:50

Try potty training? I know she's a bit young, but some girls get the hang of it pretty early.

crazycatlady Tue 02-Aug-11 16:40:26

Is there any chance she might be ready to potty train? 21 months is quite early but if she's showing other signs then it might be worth a go, especially while it's still summer...

sockmonkey Tue 02-Aug-11 16:43:37

Her mum is pg & has MS... Not really up to potty training at the moment, but I'm sure that time isn't far off! (which means my DD won't be far behind either. I hated potty training)

crazycatlady Tue 02-Aug-11 16:46:50

Oh that's not easy for her then! Although will it be easier to potty train with a newborn to look after too? I've found it ok but tricky moments when DD needed to get to the loo quick and i was stuck BFing DS...

I did find DD was happier to stay in her nappies if she was in one of her reusables that was a cool colour rather than a disposable. We had Itti's in bright colours that she loved. Had brilliant tough poppers on that she couldn't open.

sockmonkey Tue 02-Aug-11 17:55:14

I'm passing on suggestions to her. thanks for the ideas so far

Wants3 Tue 02-Aug-11 18:00:33

Has she tried putting the nappy on backwards? Then the tabs are the other way and not so easy to get little fingers under! It worked for my friends Ds and he soon stopped bothering to even trysmile

sockmonkey Tue 02-Aug-11 19:25:38

Will pass that on. She's getting pretty fed up of waking up to a wet naked baby. grin

cottonreels Tue 02-Aug-11 21:38:52

My dd has done that twice in two days (poo yesterday all over her cot...).
Vest with poppers on usually works for us, but its just been too hot. Watching with interest, sorry am no help!

Doitnicelyplease Wed 03-Aug-11 02:23:40

Buy a sleeper that has a zip, cut off the feet and put it on backwards. Also there are special sleepsuits that have the zip up the back to stop kids doing this escapeejays are their name.

I had to do this after DD did some unpleasant 'poo art' in her bedroom! I didn't plan on cleaning that up more than once!

Octaviapink Wed 03-Aug-11 13:33:54

If it's only happening at night then sleepsuit on backwards (if it's too hot for arms-and-legs sleepsuit then 'customise' it with a pair of scissors) so poppers up the back. You can add a couple of safety pins for good measure.

sockmonkey Sat 06-Aug-11 13:08:06

Thanks for all the ideas. Hopefully one of them will do the trick grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now