Talk

Advanced search

Bike riding

(11 Posts)
Chummybud1 Sun 31-Jul-11 18:32:38

my daughter is 3 past but can't yet pedal her tricycle. She also struggles to walk up and down stairs, should I be worried

rubyrubyruby Sun 31-Jul-11 18:34:40

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Chummybud1 Sun 31-Jul-11 18:35:51

What age were they about. I have a son who is dyspraxic so am unsure of normal milestone goals and probably a bit paranoid

rubyrubyruby Sun 31-Jul-11 18:42:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ragged Sun 31-Jul-11 18:44:03

DS managed it at just over 2yo and that was very young compared to most his peers.
I am sure that Pedaling is fine to not master until anything up to 4-5yo.
I don't know about stairs walking, but OP's child sounds within normal range.

missmapp Sun 31-Jul-11 18:44:04

ds2 is 4 in sept and has only recently mastered pedalling, he has been walking up and down stairs ok for a while though.

Chummybud1 Sun 31-Jul-11 19:05:18

Thanks everyone feel a bit better now, just over worrying I think.

easylife73 Sun 31-Jul-11 19:24:58

My DS has only just got the hang of ot and he's just turned 11! He's off to secondary school in September and his two friends are planning on cycling there, so suddenly he's motivated to get the hang of it, up til now he's just not been bothered to try...

Chummybud1 Sun 31-Jul-11 23:06:45

Thanks easy life that made me smile and good on your son.

Danthe4th Sun 31-Jul-11 23:10:37

My son never mastered peddling a trike but could ride a proper bike without stabilisers age 4, he just couldn't figure out a trike, he would scoot along no problem and used to ruin all his shoes.
He then pinched his brothers bike and taught himself to ride it.

emlu67 Mon 01-Aug-11 22:24:59

Despite best efforts to teach her DD was never able to master her trike but when we bought her first bike with stablisers age 4 she was able to do it within a few days. She was petite and with the pedals on her trike being quite far forward found it impossible. She was also a very late walker and not great at stairs either. She is now 7 and rides without stablisers quite happily, late compared to her friends but is a child who won't try things until she knows she can do it properly. Don't worry they are all different!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now