Talk

Advanced search

5 month old not playing with toys - normal?

(6 Posts)
MedicalEd Sun 31-Jul-11 08:10:43

DD will play and grab at things on her playmat but won't shake rattles or even hold them really.
She is very interactive with people, smiled at 3 weeks and makes lots of noises but just does not seem interested in toys. I have got things with lights on, shakey things, crinkly soft toys ect.
She looks at them a lot but not much else.

breatheslowly Sun 31-Jul-11 09:39:15

Yes, normal. She will play with the toys you have bought, but later.

tawrag Sun 31-Jul-11 09:40:25

Perfectly normal. If she interacts well with people, you've nothing to worry about.

MedicalEd Sun 31-Jul-11 09:51:07

Thank you. She is my pfb so I worry about everything.
And I know I shouldn't but I compare her to the other babies in my NCT group. She is the youngest but was first to roll over and is much more smiley at people than the others.
I just see them playing with toys and look at my DD and feel a bit sad for her. She likes to watch other babies playing.

TimeWasting Sun 31-Jul-11 09:56:10

People are much more interesting than toys. smile

hiccymapops Sun 31-Jul-11 09:57:18

Definitely nothing to worry about. Ds1 had no interest at all (apart from sucking labels from about six months). Ds2 was pretty much the same, to the point I didn't really bother getting toys out for dd, which I have now rectified, because she loves them at 5 months.

Just goes to show they're all different grin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now