Talk

Advanced search

7.5 month old can't roll over

(10 Posts)
crazykat Thu 28-Jul-11 16:04:17

My 7.5 month old DD2 still can't roll over yet should I be worried. DD1 and DS were both rolling over by now and DD1 was standing holding on. I know all babies are different but I don't know wether to mention it to the HV or just wait and see.

Carikube Thu 28-Jul-11 16:07:29

DD2 only got the hang of rolling over last month and she's 14mo. I personally wouldn't worry but then I breed very lazy children who don't move until they absolutely have to grin.

Octaviapink Thu 28-Jul-11 16:07:35

My 8.5 mo can't, either, but I'm not worried. Gross motor skills are inherited. Is she sitting up well by herself?

crazykat Thu 28-Jul-11 16:39:08

She can sit up unaided if we sit her up IYSWIM, and she can sit herself up if she laid back but not if she's laid flat. She's started shuffling on her bum and kicks herself across the floor when she's lying on her back. She just doesn't seem to be interested in rolling.

I just can't help comparing her to friends DD's, one is a few weeks younger and very early developer WRT moving (was crawling at 7months) and the other is a few weeks younger and has just started rolling over. Rationally I know she'll get the hang of it when she's ready but I'm a born worrier.

4madboys Thu 28-Jul-11 16:42:51

sounds fine to me.

my dd is also 7.5 mths, a dec baby? and she is now rolling over but literally only got the hang of it properly in the last week smile she is also sitting up, wriggling around etc but nowhere near crawling yet.

one of my babies didnt roll till he could crawl at 9 almost 10mths,

the others rolled and crawled at 5mth, 6mths and 8mths, so it varies hugely smile

Ophuchi Thu 28-Jul-11 18:24:13

DD was almost 14 months before she rolled over which was about the same time she learnt to crawl. That was just when she was ready smile

Rubyabcd Thu 28-Jul-11 18:38:29

My dd nearly fourteen months still doesn't roll!! Only crawled at thirteen months and is just starting to pull up onto her feet!! Yet she is desperately trying to talk and getting better each day. They're all different!!

PKO212 Thu 28-Jul-11 18:55:01

My son( nearly 8 months) has only started to roll over too. He can sit up unaided for a short time but he does topple to the side from time to time. He is nowhere near crawling. Seemed interested in trying a few weeks ago but now has lost interest again. He seems to prefer to stand. He can only do that with support though. It's great reading about other people's experiences. I am a born worrier and it makes me feel a lot better. My friends kids all seem more mobile than my son. According to my mum I didn't roll, crawl or walk till 18 months so maybe it's in the genes!

Emski76 Thu 28-Jul-11 20:02:09

DS2 is five months and has been rolling fir two weeks like a madman. DS1, now almost four never rolled, crawled at 10 months, as was happy to sit still and reach for toys with a wooden spoon!
All children are different, they will all be able to roll, walk, talk by a certain age. Never compare to other children, it will drive you potty!

crazykat Fri 29-Jul-11 07:55:33

Thanks everyone I feel a lot better now and not so worried. I'm going to try not to compare with other kids, it's hard though sometimes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now