Talk

Advanced search

9 month old WILL NOT sleep on her back. At all. Even in the pushchair.

(10 Posts)
Lady1nTheRadiator Thu 28-Jul-11 12:53:45

Anyone else been there - any advice - because to accept that she will only sleep in the cot is going to be a bit crap with a 3 year old to entertain as well. Who by the way, ONLY slept in the pram hmm

She will cry and cry and cry until you think she MUST fall asleep with tiredness - but she won't - so trips out just turn to shit really - I have tried everything.

Anyone had a baby like this who suddenly changed? When do they go to one nap a day? I have forgotten what DS did. But everything was so different anyway.

MrsJamin Thu 28-Jul-11 13:11:19

Have you tried a sling? That was my lifesaver for the baby needing naps when out with DS1.

Lady1nTheRadiator Thu 28-Jul-11 13:39:36

Yes, I've got a moby (but really she's too heavy for me in that) and a wilkinet. And a backpack type too.... too much to look at in that position to contemplate sleep. I think its also about how dark it is. I really have tried to avoid this, having had a friend who was trapped in by naps..

narmada Thu 28-Jul-11 16:15:35

Is she a tummy sleeper?

Any chance you could get some sort of double buggy with one of the sides that lies down completely flat? Then she could just go on her tummy and sleep that way. Or would she try and escape??!

Does/ did she have reflux?

Lady1nTheRadiator Thu 28-Jul-11 16:40:29

narmada yes she;s slept on her tummy from the second she could roll! smile She doesn't have reflux, but has always been a very sicky baby and has to stay upright after milk, but nothing extreme. She is very snuffly too and I often have to use saline drops before a feed, she splutters and sprays milk everywhere, though this is improving as she is getting bigger.

I don't think she would try and escape if she wanted to sleep - do you know of such a pram?

narmada Thu 28-Jul-11 17:04:23

Phil and Ted's sport? The back seat can lay flat altho it might be a little small for an average sized 9 month old unless she sleeps with her legs tucked up under her. Also a bit pricy. I think they do a side-by-side now as well.

Lady1nTheRadiator Thu 28-Jul-11 17:39:23

Ahh I see what you mean, I have her in a BJCM at the moment which does lie flat, but it would mean not using the harness (??) and yeah she does tend to stretch out while she sleeps. I could deal with a bit of a low level whine but we were out this morning and it was just full on screaming, and nothing would settle her. I took her out the pushchair and tried to rock her to sleep hoping I could put her back in, but she wasn't having any of that either. Everyone stares as if to say 'aren't you going to do anything?' oh I hope it's a phase. Mind you she's been like this for a while now as it is. That's why I bought another pushchair, in the hope it would be better for naps. Aaaarrrgh.

AngelDog Thu 28-Jul-11 23:45:11

DS generally wouldn't sleep in the pushchair (or car) from about 4 months. He didn't stay asleep in the sling from 5 months so I had to do all naps at home. At 11 months however he suddenly started sleeping in the pushchair - no idea why. He's a tummy sleeper, but only since he started rolling at 5.5 months.

Lady1nTheRadiator Fri 29-Jul-11 16:18:01

Thanks AngelDog, there is hope then! I am vaguely wondering how well I could harness her in on her tummy but it would probably be a big fail...

RitaMorgan Fri 29-Jul-11 16:34:38

Mine suddenly stopped sleeping in the pushchair at about 10 months for no apparent reason - he will sleep either in the ring sling on my front (very uncomfortable!) or a carrier on my back, but not for long.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now