Talk

Advanced search

9/10 month sleep regression?

(3 Posts)
newmum001 Wed 27-Jul-11 10:38:54

Is there such a thing and is anyone else going through it?

Bit of background, DD is 10.5 months and for the last 3 weeks has woken most nights screaming. Now usually she isn't a crier but she screams in the night as if someone is hurting her however as soon as we go in she stops straight away but it can take up to 2 hours to get her back to sleep.

She self settles well during the day, isn't in any pain/discomfort (she is teething but it doesn't seem to bother her during the day so can't see it being that that's waking her) but she has to be rocked back to sleep every time she wakes up. On the odd occasion sitting next to her cot has worked and she's gone back to sleep without me having to pick her up but usually she has to be rocked and if I leave the room before she's in a deep sleep she wakes up and the whole process starts again.

I try not to interact with her, unless she takes a while to calm down then I'll shush a bit but other than that I don't talk to her etc as she gets a bit giddy and it's impossible to get her back to sleep!

Last night she woke at 3.30 and didn't go back to sleep till 5.30 by which point I was wide awake and she was up at 6.45 she's now I'm a very bad mood cause she hasn't had enough sleep.

We've been quite spoilt really as she's always been a brilliant night time sleeper and has slept through the night since she was 8 weeks old, is this payback I wonder?

Apologies for any typo's, I'm on my phone and can't properly see what I'm writing as the text is tiny!

Albrecht Wed 27-Jul-11 11:49:30

Yes there is, although you couldn't tell in our house as he's always been crap! See [http://www.askmoxie.org/2008/03/talk-about-the.html here].

Apparently teething pain can be worse at night due to pressure from lying down and also because they are not being distracted by daytime activity.

Albrecht Wed 27-Jul-11 11:50:25

Sorry, try again, here

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now