Talk

Advanced search

Sleeping bag for toddlers

(7 Posts)
dycey Wed 27-Jul-11 07:30:47

my son (2.5) isn't getting on very well with a duvet - tends to get claustrophobic under it and gets on top but then wakes me up... So I have been dressing him extra warm under a thin quilt but it's really hard to regulate his temperature like this. Every night is slightly different. Last night I think he got too hot!

So I want to go back to sleeping bags but I am wondering if the merino ones would be big enough (they say 2-4 ) because they look really light and unrestrictive.

The grobag ones are for 3-6 years but I have to buy each of the different togs.... They are thicker and more restrictive but maybe have a longer life if they are longer.

Does anyone know how big the merino ones really are? They say 119cm. Or can help me by telling me the measurement of the grobag ones? They say the child can be 116cm.

Any advice much welcomed......
L

LiegeAndLief Wed 27-Jul-11 08:56:27

I have a gro bag one for ds who also was hopeless with a duvet, managed to wriggle out of it however i tried to superglue it to him. We have age 3-6 one and it is very roomy. Was massive on him at 3 (fitted fine at the top but very long, he couldn't really walk in it). He is now nearly 5 and doesn't wear it any more but he can still get into it, think he is about 114cm.

It worked brilliantly for us, he went from waking every hour or so to sleeping right through again.

dycey Wed 27-Jul-11 09:15:57

Thank you so much - do you think it's longer than 116cm then?

Keen to buy what will last. And disturb his / our sleep the least. We have another baby due any minute (overdue in fact)!

dycey Wed 27-Jul-11 09:18:50

I meant do you think it's longer than 118cm (which is the merino ones length).

dycey Wed 27-Jul-11 09:49:43

Actually have emailed grobag and they say it's 132cm which knocks the socks off the competition!

Better get buying! Thank you liegandlief!

LiegeAndLief Wed 27-Jul-11 20:23:13

Sorry, went out! I was going to offer to measure it for you but I'm sure grobag are right. It really is massive, and you might find that he doesn't need it by 4 or 5 anyway. Good luck!

dycey Thu 28-Jul-11 08:06:29

O thanks so much. Hopefully it'll crack the night wakes for now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now