Talk

Advanced search

Does your 3yr old get angry over nothing?

(6 Posts)
happyhorse Mon 25-Jul-11 16:58:23

DS is 3.8 and in the last couple of weeks has gone from being good most of the time to being a complete brat. A lot of the time he's fine but several times a day he'll totally overreact to something and will get himself into a complete howling rage. I've just never seen him so angry and any little thing will set it off. A minute or two later he'll be his normal happy self.

Please tell me this is what kids of this age do and I'm not going to end up on Supernanny in a couple of years.

Octaviapink Mon 25-Jul-11 19:09:15

I'm sure he's not a brat. He's frustrated, and you can never tell what's going to be important to a toddler - they have no perspective. Roll with it - as long as your discipline is sensitive, middle-of-the-road and consistent, I'm sure he'll be fine.

wonkylegs Mon 25-Jul-11 19:11:59

Mines the same, I've assumed it's normal and chalked it up to 'it's a phase' . I just try to not let it wind me up and stay calm knowing it'll pass very quickly. It's not easy but as I say I try...grin

Meeshamie Tue 26-Jul-11 09:43:00

Totally normal... the smallest inexplicable (in my view) thing can anger him and sometimes I feel like I have to walk on egg shells to side step these moments. There's a good thread here (very long) that helps make you realise your child's seemingly crazy behaviour is like any other:

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/behaviour_development/1187102-I-think-there-should-be-a-bloody-support-group-for-parents-of-3-year-olds

happyhorse Tue 26-Jul-11 14:26:12

Thanks for the replies and the link. I had a feeling most small children were like this but it's nice to have confirmation smile

chocolateyclur Tue 26-Jul-11 14:45:48

Oh god yes. Mine had a 10 minute screaming hissy fit because he accidentally put his finger in his cereal this morning. Closely followed by another one when he dropped a shreddie on his pyjamas.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: