Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

waking in the night - AGED 7!!!!

(2 Posts)
pookiet Fri 22-Jul-11 10:31:57

hi all, please help! my son has just turned 7 and STILL wakes in the night crying!?!?! this has been going on for years and at first we though it was night terrors (doctors ruled that out, and he ONLY does it at home) he use to sleepwalk and aged 5 and 6 even resorted to putting his baby gate back on his bedroom door. he has no memory of this happening at all the morning after, and even immediatley after i have spoken to him in the middle of the night, he is not aware that it happened. all i have to do is tell him to stop crying, and he does. then happily goes back to sleep!?!?. does ANYONE have any similiar problem, and/or advise on how i can stop it?? pleaaase?!? **would like to mention, there is no trauma or anxiety or cause for concern for my sons well being, he is a very happy, healthy loved child with a stable home, two parents. very loving family, well fed, watered and cared for. there is nothing that would be causing him distress, we are very close and am pretty sure i would know, he is not influenced or surrounded by any negativity violence etc. we live in a nice house and he has pleanty of friends - pointing this out just so that everyone aware that there is no emotional, physical or mental reason as to why this is happening. thanks in advance - much appreciated :D

BoysAreLikeDogs Fri 22-Jul-11 13:35:49

Please go back to GP and ask for referral to a sleep clinic

Not only are you going to be exhausted parents but DS' ability to access education is bound to be compromised by being tired in the day

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now