Talk

Advanced search

9 month old making herself sick

(4 Posts)
pixiestix Thu 21-Jul-11 09:28:04

9 month old DD has started putting her fingers down her throat and making herself sick. She was doing it every now and then as a kind of experiment, but in the last two days it has been every five minutes. She's going through clothes by the dozen, and everything in my house smells like puke.

Should I be letting her do this as she'll get bored with it soon enough, or can I stop her every time with a hard "No". I know she's only exploring the world, but...... AAAARRRRRGGH! It's getting on my last nerve!

Flisspaps Thu 21-Jul-11 09:32:41

She's not teething is she? Only I notice DD puts her hands in her mouth and has a really good rummage when she's teething. Just wondering if your DD is messing with her gums at the back and this is the cause?

I'd get some long sleeved bibs and keep them on her at all times, that might reduce the amount of times you have to change her clothes, you can just swap the bib. Also at 9mo, 'no' tends to be a bit of a game, rather than a deterrent to anything!

pixiestix Fri 22-Jul-11 09:43:29

I hadn't even thought of that! That's probably it - she is angling her hand so that her knuckles are pressing against the area her two front teeth should be. I will smother her in bongela and see how we go.
Its so miserable sad She is getting red patches on her knuckles from doing it so often - she looks like a frigging bulimic sad

Flisspaps Fri 22-Jul-11 09:45:37

smile Hope that sorts the problem.

I only thought about it as DD is cutting her incisors at the moment and DH spends a ridiculous amount of time coaxing her hands out of her mouth!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now