Talk

Advanced search

15 month old waking up after being down for an hour

(3 Posts)
Lighthouse115 Wed 20-Jul-11 19:56:28

My 15 month old son goes down at night no problem but is starting to wake up after an hour or so and then scream for an hour and a half. Have tried the going in every 5 mins and lying him back down but this doesn't work. Any other suggestions please?smile

Galena Wed 20-Jul-11 20:09:53

Our DD did this quite often - would wake up after 45-60 minutes. However, we generally found she resettled pretty easily although we would generally stay with her for about 5-10 minutes cuddling her till she was drowsy again then put her down.

One thing we did do though was to respond pretty quickly if she did wake up and shout so she didn't have long to wake up fully! Obviously if she woke and was whingy rather than yelling we'd leave her to see if she went back off.

Eventually she grew out of it, although she does it occasionally - particularly if she's very tired, for some reason!

MoonFaceMamaaaaargh Thu 21-Jul-11 15:12:06

my ds, never a great sleeper, went through a really rough patch at 15m, there is some sort of developmental spurt going on then.

He would wake in the middle of the night, for about two hours. We cosleep so i would get up with him. Often he would turn out to be hungry and eat cheese on toast and a load of grapes or summat before going back to sleep.

Obviously this might not be the case with your ds, but it night be worth a try, an hour and a half is a lot of crying. Ours was eating loads during the day but just not managing to get enough in...they are very busy. I can not tell you how annoying it is to be told they "shouldn't need" milk/food at night when he clearly did.

It lasted a few weeks and then if miraculasly started sleeping through most of the time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now