Talk

Advanced search

Cot bed, Adult single bed or Child bed?

(7 Posts)
longbay Wed 20-Jul-11 10:35:00

My DD is 26 months and ready to have the side taken off her cot. However I was wandering whether I should just change her bed completely and buy her a proper single bed or child bed to signify the 'big change'.
I don't want to make a big deal of it, however I think it would be nice to let my DD know that she is a big girl now.
Any ideas?

AMumInScotland Wed 20-Jul-11 11:25:24

I think it's better to just take the side off the cot to start with - that way the bed will feel the same, which should help her to settle. Plus it is very close to the floor if they fall out while getting used to it!

Chundle Wed 20-Jul-11 12:12:51

On dd1s 2nd birthday I took her out cot and put her in full size single bed. I wondered if she would fall out as she's a wriggler but she never did! She slept totally still all night! We put cot mattress on floor for her jut in case though

Seona1973 Wed 20-Jul-11 13:53:10

both mine went into a full sized single bed - dd at 2 and ds at nearly age 3. We didnt have a cot bed though so there wasnt the option of taking the sides off the cot.

wearymum200 Wed 20-Jul-11 20:02:00

Both mine also went into full size single at about that age (ds1 2:2 dd2 2.5). Had a bed rail for a bit until they got used to it. Only 1 bed and bedding set to get, so cheaper int he long run.

timetosmile Wed 20-Jul-11 20:07:33

Also went straight from cot to proper bed - cheaper in long run, and you can put the cot matress on the floor for the first few weeks to give them a soft landing!

longbay Sat 23-Jul-11 20:55:57

Great suggestions about using the cot bed mattress as a 'crash mat'. Thanks for all your advice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now