Talk

Advanced search

Keeping ds sat down in pushchair...nightmare.

(9 Posts)
Twosugarsplease Tue 19-Jul-11 16:06:42

Does anyone have same problem as me...my 23 mth ds constantly struggles to get out of his pushchair,it doesnt help that the straps are a bit like bra straps over his shoulders and go right down behind his back,it is a mamas and papas 'ora', does anyone have one ? Doesn't matter how tight I adjust them he still manages to get out...we call him hudini ! Seriously frustrating though. On a usual trip to the school I have to stop and strap him in every couple of mins.....can't keep stopping at the shop to buy something to eat to keep him occupied. I cant even hold a conversation, or just enjoy a nice walk. I am quite firm when telling him 'no' when I see him about to escape. This morning he came out of it just about and was bent right over with his hands on the ground as I tipped the pushchair down the step, he had got out of the straps and even managed to take off the (crash bar as I call it ) I got a shock, but was really hoping my ds would more and put an end to this.

naturalbaby Tue 19-Jul-11 16:11:36

my 23month old does but mainly when he wants to walk with his big brother. i usually have a small container of raisins or small beaker of juice to distract him otherwise i just have to get him out and put the reins on. he's very stubborn so if he can't be distracted it's a lost battle!

KnitterNotTwitter Tue 19-Jul-11 16:13:32

let him walk or get a scooter and let him scoot!

BooBooGlass Tue 19-Jul-11 16:14:32

My ds was a terror for this. Get some reins and then thread the pushchair straps through the rein straps iyswim. Eliminates any chance of escape wink

Twosugarsplease Tue 19-Jul-11 17:20:51

Thanks for that bbg... Come to think of it his pushchair has the rings for reins...I'm off to buy some ! X

Octaviapink Tue 19-Jul-11 18:51:37

Let him walk!

Twosugarsplease Tue 19-Jul-11 20:10:21

That's all very well but when you are in the bank, laden with shopping rushing to get back for school etc etc, it's not ideal. We have time for him to get out and him walk alongside me and it's lovely....it's times when he wants out all of the time that I'm asking advice for... Bbg gave me a good idea...hopefully be a walk in the park in future. X

Octaviapink Wed 20-Jul-11 16:24:49

Golly when I said let him walk I meant on the reins! I wouldn't let a two-year old off them!

Twosugarsplease Wed 20-Jul-11 18:26:42

Thought it a bit extreme ! Yeah he is only 23 mths. Even still a handful on them when you have things to do, but fit onto seat of pushchair too, so he can't climb out now. Bliss. X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now