Talk

Advanced search

daddys girl

(5 Posts)
rissa83 Sun 17-Jul-11 19:56:13

hi guys. i was wondering if any one had had a similar experience or could offer any advice to my problem. I have a 3 yr old little girl who adores her daddy. We are also very close but when daddy is home she only wants him. She has started to get very distressed when he goes out with his friends and today begged him to stay and not go actually pleading while sobbing her heart out. She then becomes very angry with me when i try to comfort her and tells me she doesnt like me, doesnt love me etc. I am newly pregnant and i am wondering if this will unsettle her more. She has begun saying 'your my daddy arent you' ,'your my nana arent you', 'my mummy ' etc. I understand she is feeling unsettled about her place and is seeking reassurance but why does she get so cross with me? also she hates my partner showing me any affection?

rockinhippy Mon 18-Jul-11 13:34:57

Its quite normal & will pass, no doubt its compounded by a new baby being on its way & making her feel a bit more insecure, so measures to get her involved with planning for new baby & telling her how important she is now she's going to be BIG Sister.

My own DD is an only DC, but still went through similar at about this age - she even went as far (at 2,1/2shock as telling me "Daddy doesn't go to work, he goes to see other ladies" - she later owned up to saying it because she thought it would make me cross & I would make him stay home, so she could have him all day & I would have go to work to make money instead, so she'd have him to herself shock

Roll forward several years (now 8) & she's very much a "Mummies Girl" instead

rissa83 Wed 20-Jul-11 14:16:01

its amazing how they can come out with such adult things so young! thank you so much for your response it has put my mind at ease!

xxxxxxxxx

AgainWhen Thu 21-Jul-11 23:55:05

Lots of people go through something similar. It can be really difficult I know, I try really hard to focus on the fact that I have a positive relationship with DD (4.5) and try not to get het up about the fact that she loves DH more. If you can try and act like it doesn't bother you then I have found that by far the best way of dealing with it.

differentnameforthis Fri 22-Jul-11 03:41:59

She gets cross with because she can. She is so comfortable with you, so sure of your love for her that she can be angry with you as she knows you will never leave her. Obviously what she is saying isn't true, you know that, right?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now