Talk

Advanced search

Aarrggh help me cope with DS2 (4)

(5 Posts)
Herecomesthesciencebint Sun 17-Jul-11 19:24:37

Hes always been 'spirited' but he seems terrible lately. really defiant, lots of hitting and lashing out. We have better days then a run of bad ones. This I can manage but for the last 2 months he is refusing to go to the toilet when he needs a poo.

he was out of nappies just bfore 3 easily with minimal accidents and had ony really ahd the odd one since. Now he never voluntarily says when he needs to go and we just smell it or watch him oull that lovely grimace face as he off loads the whole lot in his pants. He witholds whenever he is busy or playing and so does constant soiling then just screams as us or gets himself off is we make him sit on the loo. Today he ahs soiled twice and done 2 full poos. he just doesnt care,

he laughs at us and today when I was cleaning him up he just stamped hard repatedly on my foot and laughed.

Its really getting us all down. Just no idea how to handle it. he doesnt repond to positive praise on better days, witholding treats, star chart you name it.

Tonight after bath we were all on the landing playing simon says before story time having a happy time. As we get up to go in his room he says Ive done a poo and lo and behold there it is. Now Dh ahs put him to be with no story and no bedtime dummy as he says he needs to learn some big boy behaviour so of course DS is screaming blu murder. Ill go up myself in a minute but need to calm down too.

I initially shied away from being cross about it giving him the benefit of the doubt about accidents but its clearly now. he never tries to dash to the loo, rarely tells us when hes done it and largely laughs if he sees we are upset about it.

All help appreciated. off to try and talk him off the ceiling.

Herecomesthesciencebint Sun 17-Jul-11 19:42:10

sorry for all the typos, was trying to be quick.

he isnt at all constipatd by the way. Poos are soft and he has no fissures or anything that causes him pain when he poos.

Herecomesthesciencebint Sun 17-Jul-11 22:16:01

Oh dear, am I doomed to scrub little pant gussets forevermore!

ewaczarlie Tue 19-Jul-11 11:50:56

gosh dont know how to help as our DS is still in nappies (though TT is around the scary corner). This could be totally against all proper advice but have you thought of going back to nappies and then starting TT again? honestly dont know what to recommend.
Would say though that i was suprised he still has dummy at 4. Our 2yo still has his and its killing me. I cant wait to get rid of them as i think he's too old for them now but i just dont know how to do it (ok i just want an easier life for a couple more months).
hopefully someone with some better thoughts then mine will help you soon

tamela Wed 20-Jul-11 18:59:33

have you spoken to your doctor? as there is a condition whereby they lose all sense of needing to go (my dn has this problem) you can see a special incontinance nurse hope this helps some

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now