Talk

Advanced search

11 years old too young to kiss?

(19 Posts)
Fuddymunster Sun 17-Jul-11 13:04:36

Help, my 11 yr old son (12 in September) is going to street dance rehearsals in half an hour for a show at the local theatre tonight. There's a group of them rehearsing include his friend (girl) from school who he really likes. He just said she has been e.mailing him saying she'd like to kiss him and he asked me if he should or not. Is he too young? He's a good lad and the girl is lovely but that doesn't mean yes I suppose! Please reply asap he's going out in half an hour and he's thrown me completely!!

Fuddymunster Sun 17-Jul-11 13:18:56

Bump! He's going out in 15 mins!!!

TheOriginalFAB Sun 17-Jul-11 13:20:24

Does he want too?

HappyDoll Sun 17-Jul-11 13:20:54

Ummm....what's the worst that can happen?

HappyDoll Sun 17-Jul-11 13:21:23

If he has to ask his mum, I'm going to suggest he's not ready.

HappyDoll Sun 17-Jul-11 13:22:18

She may be lovely, but I know her sort.... (I was one wink )

HappyDoll Sun 17-Jul-11 13:22:37

Am I helping or just talking to myself?!?!!!

Fuddymunster Sun 17-Jul-11 13:30:15

Well I was surprised that he asked me as I certainly did not ask my parents about my first kiss!! I couldn't say go and ask Dad what he thinks as he's working abroad this week! Anyway I said maybe wait until he's a little older unless he really wants to. He replied that he doesn't want to talk about it anymore! So I guess I'll leave it at that. I think it's all harmless anyway but just wasn't expecting to be asked that this morning.

Fuddymunster Sun 17-Jul-11 13:35:00

He's just gone out so what will be will be. I know this is the very beginning of the whole girlfriend/boyfriend thing and it's all very innocent at this stage but I worry about the girl's angry parents ringing me!!

HappyDoll Sun 17-Jul-11 13:35:35

Well, do come back and update - I love a coming of age romance. It's very sweet really.

My DS is quite likely to ask me, he asks me everything hmm smile

HappyDoll Sun 17-Jul-11 13:36:35

If the parents ring you (surely they wouldn't!?!), just forward the email. I'm pretty sure that will shut them up when they see just how forward DD is?!

Fuddymunster Sun 17-Jul-11 13:41:35

Well I did feel quite flattered that he asked me what I thought. Yes you are right, I have e.mail evidence that their DD instigated it!! Perhaps I should be the one who's angry!! Thanks HappyDoll.

nojustificationneeded Sun 17-Jul-11 13:51:31

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

inthesticks Sun 17-Jul-11 15:06:56

I think girls tend to become interested in boys at an earlier age.
I remember DS1 under pressure around age 10 or 11 from a girl who was keen on him. He invented a girlfriend which took the pressure off wink.
When he was 13 and very keen on a girl he asked me whether I would allow him to have a girlfriend. Which I thought was sweet.

dontcallmenymphadora Sun 17-Jul-11 15:27:24

I was nine when i had my first kiss, first boyfriend 10 (nearly 11)- only lasted a few weeks.

I think its a matter of wait and see

Blindcavesalamander Sun 17-Jul-11 23:16:06

I think it's fine if they want to as they are similar ages. They can follow their own natural developmental stages. Alarms only ring for me if one of them is too much older or more powerful in some way than the other. It sounds very sweet to me.

crazynanna Sun 17-Jul-11 23:23:28

DD,now 13,had her 1st kiss last year on the 91 bus with some lad in her class.
She said his lips were dry and crusty and she is never doing it again!
Yeah right grin

Fuddymunster Mon 18-Jul-11 00:18:17

Lovely to hear your DCs experiences. Thanks for sharing. Well there was no kiss today but the street dance show was great!

plonker Mon 18-Jul-11 00:29:42

My dd1 is 11 and has a boyfriend. They've been bf and gf for a few months now.

He's the sweetest boy and although I panicked and imagined hormones flying everywhere was a little concerned at first, it really is a friendship/status thing.

I have told her that if she kisses a boy her tongue will fall out though wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now