Talk

Advanced search

tongue tied 2 year old and speech!

(2 Posts)
lydiathetattooedlady Sat 16-Jul-11 14:04:37

Ds has just turned 2. It was obvious to me when he was born he had tongue tie, bf was very painful compared to dd. Tongue tie was confirmed by midwife, they wouldnt snip it as after several days i managed to alter positions to be able to feed him comfortably, and they said it wouldnt cause him any problems.
Fast forward two years, he says alot of words however they are very unclear, dd some how understands perfectly what he is saying and me and dh can understand him. My question is when talking he holds his tongue back in his mouth he doesnt really use it to speak with iyswim? It doesnt come out round his mouth when pronouncing words. Is this normal or is it likely he needs it snipping?
TIA

wobblypig Sat 16-Jul-11 23:02:53

I am in a similar position. My 2 year barely spekas at all. She had tongue tie and I insisted htey snip it agt 10 days but still her speech is poor. I have now gone down the route of hearing assessment and SALT referral.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now