Talk

Advanced search

Cot, stairgate climbing at 21months!!! AArrrgghh!!!

(5 Posts)
Alice070911 Sat 16-Jul-11 13:53:16

My son is 21 months and started climbing out of his cot and over the stairgates, (which are on every doorway because he is a monster!!) Normally he is good at bedtime, (7-7) sleep but i just cant keep him in his bed! Was so worried about him climbing the gate and falling down the stairs so my hubby put a hook lock on the door so he cant get out of his room but as long as he is out of the cot he will not sleep, new baby arriving in 5 weeks so at my wits end on what to do, was hoping we could buy a lid! hehe, but not on the market so not sure what to do at the moment! HHEEELLLPPP!!!!!!!!!

DeWe Sat 16-Jul-11 15:04:49

Sympathises. Ds was climbing out of his cot by 10 months. He slept on a mattress on the floor for some months until we'd moved house and there was enough space for his bed.

Alice070911 Sat 16-Jul-11 15:33:36

Oh no!!! I really feel for you its driving me mad! Think im gonna have to put him in bed with a small cot side so at least he can get back in as well as out but not fall in night!! Daytime sleep now cut so next few days and nights are gonna be interesting!! By the way whats the ds mean and dd etc.....bit new to this!!

NellyTheElephant Sat 16-Jul-11 23:01:34

DD2 was climbing out of cot at 18 months and so had to go into a bed (v low as converted cot bed so she could get in and out), she couldn't climb over the roller blind style gate though (Lascal KiddyGuard Safety Gate), so we had that over her door (she shared a room with her older sister, who also couldn't get over it much to her annoyance!!). I just left them to it in the evenings and she was often to be found passed out asleep on the floor and then I'd pop her into bed. DS born when she was just 2 - that gate was a life saver to my sanity - once it was shut she and 4 yr old sister were penned in!

brehon Sat 16-Jul-11 23:08:16

I agree with the mattress on the floor. I had a spare one i left beside the bed so if they rolled out they landed on it. Also one of mine had a childminder that used a gate for dogs in the house, much higher then childrens gates. Problems really start when they work out how to open the damn things.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now