Talk

Advanced search

Bed wetting

(2 Posts)
samoy Sat 16-Jul-11 09:48:00

my son will be 6 in september and he still wears nappies at night time.He was clean at 4 yo for approx 6 months but started wetting again and we stupidly put him back in nappies! I know this is not unusual but recently he seems to be wetting more and we are constantly having to change sheets in the night. I have a 5 month old baby so am finding it tough to have to deal with. Any ideas that could help or has anyone been in this situation with their child? I fear its a habit im not going to be able to stop because he really does nt seem bothered.

moonkitty Sat 16-Jul-11 12:47:59

My daughter is seven and still wears a pull up at night, thankfully when she wears one it's enough to keep the bed dry and prevent the need for changing the sheets because I understand completely the frustration of changing them each day. She's had a few periods of a month or so where we think we've cracked it but then it starts again.

She was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome three months ago, and sensory difficulties are part of it, she really doesn't seem to notice when she's wet or that she needs the loo until it's almost too late, lots of dancing side to side on the way home from school etc.

I'm not saying you should jump to the same conclusion, there are lots of other things that led to that diagnosis, I think about 15% of children have a problem with bedwetting. The paediatrician has just referred her to the NHS clinic that can look at possibly medication to help or a special alarm that wakes the child up to go to the loo, it's worth talking to your GP about it, particularly with you have another little one who needs your attention!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now