Talk

Advanced search

what time is bed time?

(11 Posts)
spaceangel1382 Thu 14-Jul-11 20:28:57

my DD is 7 months 2 weeks and goes to bed at seven and wakes through the night {around 4am} for a feed then up and awake for six. am I putting her to bed to early? she is always sleepy at that time but the fact she is still waking through the night for a feed is concerning me that Im putting her to bed to early

mo3d Thu 14-Jul-11 20:37:34

I put all mine to bed at 7. So I think it's a good time.

My children were babies quite a while ago, but I was told that after 6 months, they didn't need feeding at night because they're big enough to get through the night. Obviously if you've been told different, ignore me, but do you think your dd is really hungry or just used to waking and feeding?

SleepySuzy Thu 14-Jul-11 20:39:46

I put mine to bed at 7, give or take half an hour. She wakes 2-4 times for BF, and sometimes too early for the day.

gapants Thu 14-Jul-11 20:41:03

Sounds about right to me. Does she have a morning nap, at about 9-10am?

Yama Thu 14-Jul-11 20:43:06

My 10 months ds goes to bed at 7.30pm. He used to make it to 4am before waking for a feed but for the last week or so he has gone back to waking at 2 or 3am. We are knackered as we are trying to get him back to sleep without feeding but it's not working.

mo3d Thu 14-Jul-11 20:47:24

Just ideas yama but is your ds teething? or perhaps he needs his food upped during the day?

monkoray Thu 14-Jul-11 21:02:34

when my DS was 7 months we put him down at around 9 or 10pm then he slept through til 6am, when we gave him a morning bottle and he'd go back to sleep til about 9 or 10am.

Timeoutofmind Thu 14-Jul-11 21:47:18

My 6mo goes to bed around 630-7pm and wakes around 630am.

I try and make sure she has good naps in the day, cos on days where she doesn't I find that she wakes in the night or earlier in the morning.

Maybe look at your DDs naps?

Yama Thu 14-Jul-11 21:52:40

Thanks Mo3d. He could be teething. He eats vast quantities of food during the day but I did think of that so today tried extra food. The upshot was that he didn't eat as much for dinner.

I read somewhere that when babies are just about to walk it can effect their sleep as it's a big developmental leap.

ihatecbeebies Thu 14-Jul-11 22:12:13

I put my DS (4 yrs) to bed at 7pm on a week day, 8pm on a weekend. From about 4months to 3 1/2 years he went to bed at 8pm and slept through till about 7 or 8am but he's needed the extra hour as he's started nursery earlier and his mood has improved with an earlier bedtime too.

spaceangel1382 Fri 15-Jul-11 18:01:34

yeah she naps between 9 and 10 am. wonder if I should start decreasing the volume in her bottles. shee does sleep better when she has napped well during the day but our schudule during the day is all over the place. thank every one ur very helpful p;eople lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now