Talk

Advanced search

22month old with willy obsession

(7 Posts)
downpipe Thu 14-Jul-11 13:51:59

Any advice please!My 22 month DS1 won't leave his willy alone.It's not that I mind per se, it's the consequences that are difficult.He always manages to get his hand down his trousers, play with it and then it ends up outside of his nappy, he wees, then everything gets wet.He is so determined that he will put his hand up the leg of his shorts to get to it , and has even fallen over because he has had his hand down his trousers(and other thumb in his mouth) and tripped.I have tried everything..belts,bigger nappies ( he's in a 6) wearing 2 nappies under a vest.Night time is a particular problem..the only way I can keep him from doing it is vest, zip up babygro, vest over the top.As it is now so hot I cut the feet off the zip up baby gros and he has managed to get to it again up the trouser leg which means when I get him up in the morning he is all wet.He doesn't have milk at night anymore to minimise the amount he wees and gro bags don't work, he can unzip them.He is very determined!Sometimes if he pulls it out and wees it runs down his leg past the nappy and onto the floor and he says"oh no, wee wee" but he is not ready to potty train (got him a potty already).At play groups I don't notice any other little boys doing it quite so much.Anyone else had this? Will potty training make it easier?I feel sorry for him when I find him in a wet bed or with wet clothes and I'm tired of constantly washing!Do they all do this? DS2 is 16 weeks so keen for any advice for now & in the future...

MadBanners Thu 14-Jul-11 17:12:42

hm..well, my ds is 3 and a half and is still obsessed, i caught him wrapping the ruddy thing around a pencil the other day.

he has trapped it in books, tried to put it on the coffee table, and many others!

A lot of them do it. He will, well, not grow out of it exactly but learn a little more impulse control. It took a while to get mine to understand that playing with it was OK when at home only - and after a visiting friend got a good display I had to amend that to 'and not when there are visitors'.
As to night time, get him a Grobag or equivalent, a lightweight summer one.

Bandwithering Thu 14-Jul-11 17:18:05

lol at wrapping around a pencil!! sounds like the kind of stunt my five year old would attempt. He had one of those books with a hole in it so you can see the next page and he put his willy through it and danced around......

happy times.

At least now at five he tells me that he doesn't get his willy out in public, he has no inhibitions at home, so I hope this is true confused

RitaMorgan Thu 14-Jul-11 17:18:35

Can you put a grobag on back to front so the zip is down his back?

del1 Thu 14-Jul-11 20:21:37

Not sure what to do about it in the day?
But my DS has been taking his nappies off and getting undressed since he was about 16 months old.
I tried everything, and the only thing that worked at night was to put thick duct tape across the front of it.
He just squirmed out of the growbag when on backwards, and any other clothing idea!
Normal cellotape was too easy to get off!
It worked for about 6 months, but he is now 2 1/2 and manages to put his hand inside the nappy somehow and pull his willy out now!
I am really pissed off with washing his bed clothes every morning as he has wee'd all over it!!!

Mollythulu Thu 14-Jul-11 21:49:05

We've tried, nappy, shorts, vest, babygrow on backwards or zip up babygrow - bastard hard to find for 2-3 years. And he still gets to it and wees everywhere. Sorry - don't know what the answer is, and am hovering to find out myself! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now