Talk

Advanced search

9 month old dropping a feed?

(3 Posts)
jenrendo Wed 13-Jul-11 15:31:12

For the past 4 days my DS has stopped wanting his 3.00pm 210ml bottle of formula. He eats like a horse during mealtimes and never cries due to hunger. That would leave him with only a bottle first thing in the morning and at bedtime. My mum keeps going on at me that when we were little we had milk in a sippy cup with every meal and why am I giving him water etc? I read everywhere that babies should get around 600ml of milk a day. It is all so confusing. My friend's baby is 10 months and has no milk feeds but lots of milk in her meals (not sure this is great TBH), plus a snack in the am and afternoon. Any pointers? Or should I just go with what my DS wants and drop the feed, maybe giving him a wee snack instead, like a yoghurt or something. I seem to get myself in such a state worrying that I'm giving him the right nutrition. My DH just says go with the flow. He is very big for his age (not fat but very long!) My HV is really not that helpful and always looks fed up. Oh what to do? I would love your experiences/advice please smile

schobe Wed 13-Jul-11 16:29:03

I would go with what he wants and drop the feed. The yogurt sounds like a good idea - he can get protein and calcium from lots of other foods now he's weaned.

I do remember agonising about that feed with my 1st DC and trying to get it into them. With my 2nd, I just followed their lead a bit more. I think your DH is right but I was pretty uptight too as I recall, don't worry.

jenrendo Wed 13-Jul-11 16:41:06

Thanks Schobe. He went for his afternoon nap at 3.00pm today with absolutely no milk and is still asleep so obviously not suffering too much! I think I will drop it and give him a wee snack before nap time. I know I just need to relax, just wanted someone impartial to tell me! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now